OOSys Contest Rules
The following are the OOSys Contest Rules:
Each contest (a “Contest”) hosted by OOSys Canada Inc. (OOSys) is governed by the contest rules (the “Short Rules”) located on any page on oosys.ca, and these rules (the “OOSys Contest Rules”). By participating or attempting to participate in a Contest, each entrant (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules. Only Entrants who abide by the applicable Short Rules and the Contest Rules are eligible to win a prize in a Contest.
Although a Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn (each a “Third Party Service”), such Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service.
The Short Rules and the Contest Rules may be amended from time to time without prior notice to any Entrants.
Who is eligible to enter a Contest?
Unless otherwise specified in the applicable Short Rules, a Contest is open only to legal residents and organizations (business, educational institution, financial institution, non-profit, etc.) of each of the provinces and territories of Canada and each of the states of the United States of America who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Contests are not open to employees, officers, and directors of OOSys and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, agents and representatives, as well as their immediate families and persons living in the same household as such individuals. In addition, any supplier of a particular Contest (including any third party providing the prize(s) awarded in such Contest) is not eligible to enter such Contest, as well as and the supplier’s directors, officers and employees, and their immediate families and persons living in the same household as such individuals.
OOSys reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant.
How do I enter a Contest?
No purchase is necessary to enter and participate in a Contest.
A Contest will be open for entry during the period of time specified in the applicable Short Rules. In its sole discretion, OOSys may extend any period of time for entry. Entrants are required to enter a Contest through the provided form or other method indicated in the applicable Short Rules.
OOSys will not confirm receipt of any entries, and proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. OOSys has no obligation to advise an Entrant of an incomplete or otherwise non-compliant entry. OOSys may also cancel or remove a Contest from oosys.ca at any time without prior notice to entrants.
Can my entry be rejected by the OOSys Contest Rules?
OOSys reserves the right to reject or refuse an Entrant’s entry in a Contest if:
- the Entrant attempts to enter a contest in a manner not authorized by, or submits an entry that is not in compliance with, the applicable Short Rules or the Contest Rules;
- the entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete, or otherwise irregular;
- the entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- the entry contains, depicts, displays, or involves: any crude, vulgar, profane, sexually graphic, offensive, “off-colour”, harassing, threatening, derogatory, demeaning, defamatory, racist, abusive, hateful, violent, obscene, or discriminatory images, depictions, symbols, or material; any illegal statements, material, or content; any material that condones or incites violence, bullying, or other unlawful behaviour; any political content or propaganda; or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by OOSys in its sole discretion.
- OOSys reserves the right to permanently exclude any person from participating in all Contests if such person fails to comply with the OOSys Contest Rules for different Contests hosted by OOSys. This determination will be made by OOSys in its sole discretion, and will be effective upon OOSys delivering notice of such determination to the email address or social media account last used by such person to enter a Contest.
How will the potential winner(s) be selected?
The potential winner(s) of any Contest will be selected by random number generator or otherwise in the manner specified in the Short Rules (each a “Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will only be declared a winner (a “Winning Entrant”) if the Selected Entrant completes, signs, and returns the Release (as described below).
What is the Release and how do I complete it?
Prior to being declared a Winning Entrant, a Selected Entrant is required to execute and return a legal declaration and release form (the “Release”), which, among other things:
- confirms the Selected Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the applicable Short Rules and the OOSys Contest Rules;
- acknowledges acceptance of the prize(s) as offered; and
- indemnifies and releases OOSys and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or related companies and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, representatives and agents, as well as any Third Party Service used in relation to administering the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all liability for:
- any personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property;
- any stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within the OOSys Contest Rules, or in any advertisements or materials related to the Contest;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials; or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems, or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, or the announcement of any prize or the identity of the Selected Entrant.
If the executed Release is not returned within 7 days, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified and the prize(s) will be forfeited. In accordance with the applicable Short Rules and the OOSys Contest Rules, OOSys, in its sole discretion, may select another Selected Entrant, and award the prize(s) to such Selected Entrant if they are declared a Winning Entrant.
What are the odds of winning a prize?
The odds of winning any prize depend on the number of valid entries received in the Contest in which such prize is being offered.
How does a winner claim a prize?
The Winning Entrant will be notified within 7 days of selection in the manner specified in the Short Rules, and must reply within 72 hours of being notified, unless otherwise specified in the Short Rules.
How are prizes distributed?
A prize may be provided to the Winning Entrant by OOSys or the third party providing the prize in the Contest. [In the event that any prize is provided directly by a third party to a Winning Entrant, OOSys accepts no liability for any undue delay in the distribution of a prize. The third party will be responsible for shipping and providing all prizes to Winning Entrants within a reasonable time period. If the third party will provide the prize, OOSys will provide the Winning Entrant’s shipping information to the third party promptly upon completion of the Contest.]
The Winning Entrant must accept the applicable prize(s) as rewarded and may not be exchanged for cash or any other product(s) or service(s) except by OOSys. OOSys reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equal or greater value.
Except as otherwise indicated by OOSys, the Winning Entrant must personally take delivery of the applicable prize(s) as specified in the Short Rules. If a Winning Entrant fails to take delivery of any prize as instructed, such prize may be deemed forfeited and OOSys reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another eligible entry as a potential winner.
How will my personal information be collected, used, and disclosed?
By entering a Contest, the Entrant consents to OOSys’s collection, use, and disclosure of their personal information as OOSys deems necessary for the administration of the Contest as described in the applicable Short Rules, the OOSys Contest Rules and for promotional purposes, as applicable. Each Entrant agrees that if they become a Selected Entrant or Winning Entrant, OOSys may use their personal name and/or business information (including name, address, telephone numbers, and/or email addresses) to administer the Contest and deliver the prize(s).
What laws apply to the Contest?
The laws of the province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada apply to each Contest unless otherwise specified in the Short Rules.
Each Entrant agrees that:
- any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, any Contest or any prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of Alberta;
- any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual-out-of-pocket costs; and
- they waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs.
- OOSys reserves the right to seek any available legal remedy in connection with any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
Who makes decisions about the administration of the Contest?
OOSys reserves the right to make all decisions relating to the administration of each Contest, including the right to terminate, withdraw or amend the Contest or disqualify any entry for any reason. OOSys may cancel, modify, or suspend any Contest or amend these OOSys Contest Rules for any reason whatsoever, at OOSys’s sole discretion, without advance notice. All such decisions of OOSys are final and not subject to appeal.
Last updated: September 11, 2021